This is the story and explanation of how Michelle McNamara died from an accidental overdose. She is Standup Comedian Patton Oswalt’s late wife.
Even though she died in 2016, I think it’s good to review her situation, especially because of the year in which this happened. Back in 2016, the FDA/DEA was planning to schedule Kratom, Mitragyna Speciosa, an herbal supplement. Thankfully, our Kratom Advocates went to Washington D.C. and fought this and WON. But, sadly we have been fighting ever since.
I find it even more odd that they would target Kratom when there are no deaths or overdoses ever even documented from this plant, alone. Yet, here is a story of a STAR and CELEBRITY who CLEARLY DIED OF synthetic drugs that were PRESCRIBED TO HER.
Yet, here we have an herbal supplement that is classified as a partial agonist with science backing up …PROVING it is safe and low-risk for addiction, abuse, and overdose ~ and they want to ban it from Americans.
Clearly, the FDA and DEA are not interested in the safety of Americans. If they were, they would be meeting with the American Kratom Association at their request, instead of ignoring them for over 700 days, learning and following the science and statistics of this plant.
Michelle McNamara was only 43 years old when she died. I believe that so many lives could of been saved if Kratom was a known herbal supplement. Elvis Presley very much loved drugs. He died of an overdose. If he would of known about Kratom, he’d probably be alive today.
Here is how Michelle McNamara died.
‘Michelle Eileen McNamara was an American true crime author. She was the author of I’ll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman’s Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer, a true crime book based on the Golden State Killer, and helped coin the name “Golden State Killer”.’ Wikipedia
Michelle McNamara died in her sleep on April 21, 2016, in her family’s Los Angeles, California, home. According to the autopsy report released online by Radar, her death was attributed to the effects of multiple drugs, including Adderall, alprazolam (Xanax) and fentanyl. Atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease was a contributing factor. The coroner ruled it an accidental overdose. She is interred at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Los Angeles.
She was only 43 years old when she died.